Calling all highlanders!

A record amount of 60 students from Arroyo were accepted into UCR making school history.

Robert Delgado, Staff Writer

The class of 2017 broke a record at Arroyo High School for students accepted into the University of California, Riverside. This year 60 students were accepted into UCR.

The University of California, Riverside is one of the ten schools in the University of California system. The average acceptance rate for UCR is 66.2% which is the highest of all of University of California schools.

UCR is not far from students that come from Arroyo, which is one of the many benefits that UCR provides for its students and the students parents.

“I think UCR is a great option because it is a beautiful campus, not too far, and their programs are relevant and their grads have great success after graduation,” said counselor, Ms. Patricia Filimaua. Ms. Filimaua has many students that will be attending UCR for college.

UCR is also known for its diverse collection of educational opportunities and welcoming student population.

“I think students want to go to UCR because it offers a lot of great majors and it is great with diversity,” Ms. Filimaua explained.

Arroyo High School has had a strong history of students applying and being accepted into UCR, although Arroyo does not have a partnership with them as they do with University of California, Irvine.