Be our Guest!

Arroyo’s VIP students enjoy a VIP Luncheon, hosted by ASB.

Stephanie Li, Staff Writer

Contrary to the unlucky idea of the Ides of March, 86 lucky students were invited by ASB members to join them at Rally Square for a special luncheon. ASB members each handed out two VIP passes to students as an invitation to the VIP Luncheon. With the mindset of creating a diverse group, ASB selected students from all sorts of cliques and groups on campus. Although unfamiliar with most of the students, ASB had the intention of meeting them and learning more about what ASB could do to make Arroyo a better environment for them.

A total of 130 students enjoyed Flames hamburgers in a blue-black-and-white-themed environment. The purpose of this event was to recognize students of Arroyo for their hard work as well as to receive feedback and ideas on what ASB could do to improve the school.  ASB also hopes to plan more events like such in the near future to hear more of the ideas of the student body and to treat students to a special lunch.

Junior Publicity Commissioner, Eva Lee, stated, “The VIP luncheon turned out better than I expected. At first, I was nervous, but as it progressed, I found that it became easier to interact with people I’d normally never get the chance to and hear what they thought about ASB. I look forward to being able to interact with more people and receive their unique perspectives and ideas the next time we have another luncheon.”

Senior Speaker of the Court, Julianna Cativo, added on, “I enjoyed being able to interact with the student body outside of ASB and from peers in my own class. I feel that we [ASB] have received good suggestions and can consider them for future events, in regards to publicizing and spreading awareness of school events.” When asked about what she looked forward to in the next VIP Luncheon, Cativo responded, “I look forward to getting to talk to a different pool of students and getting their opinion on key issues. It’s nice to get to know a greater portion of Arroyo’s student body.”