Tick-tock, Seniors!

Eddie Nguyen, News Editor

Graduation is right around the corner and seniors are nearing the end of their final year of high school. The idea of walking up to take your diploma and telling yourself “it’s finally over” is so exhilarating for some and downright terrifying for others. The day of graduation is the end of your high school career, but it is also the marking of your new journey into your life as an adult.

“I’m happy to be graduating and starting a new chapter in my life, but at the same time I’m really scared to be set free into college where I’ll have to guide myself through many obstacles that life will throw at me,” said Angela Ung, 12.

High school has definitely been a rollercoaster, a very strange one at that. The shift from being a high schooler to a full fledged adult is not an easy jump. Throughout high school, students have had their hands held by their parents, so are the seniors prepared to make that big leap into full on adulthood? Not everyone is able to handle all this new responsibility.

Becoming an adult means being able to take responsibility and making your life what you want it to be. You are responsible for your life. Unfortunately, there are going be taxes to pay, bills to attend to, and so many more duties that will be on your plate. You’re also independent now, all on your own to take care of yourself. It just seems like high school didn’t give you the knowledge and information of what it’s like to experience the world for what it really is. However, living on your own and being independent isn’t necessarily the worst thing in the world. There are are the pros of entering this new stage in life.

Becoming an adult and becoming self-reliant is an enormous part of this new chapter in your life. You are finally free and possibly out of your parents house! Now is the time to understand what you want and really understand how you wanna direct your life. It’s a world full of endless possibilities and a multitude of choices.Though it may seem like a bit of a stretch, you are also going to meet the love of your life and spend the rest of your life with. You’ll also have a family, your own flesh and blood to call yours. That is, if you want a family. Remember! The possibilities are endless!

“Becoming an independent adult after graduating high school will be one of the most difficult moments in my life. Because I will transition from the high school teenager to an adult, it is difficult to see how things must change so abruptly,” Marco Huang, 12.

Some may be scared, some may be eager. Regardless, it’s always good to take it head on with a positive and optimistic outlook. High school stops here, but it’s only a small section of your life. No matter what may occur, life still goes on. Seniors, will you?