Knights Banner

The student news site of Arroyo High School

Knights Banner

Knights Banner

Boys varsity tennis team Clifton Nghiem(12), Axcel Garcia(12), Chris Tu(12), Jacky Hu(12), and Nathan Phu(10) playing the hula-hoop game.
Spring Sports Rally
April 10, 2024
Prom Fashion Show
March 20, 2024

Knights Celebrate First Food Booth of the Year

Campus supervisors Frank Raygoza, Robert Becerra and Officer Crabtree showing their support for our Arroyo clubs.

Food brings everyone together. Arroyo hosted its first annual food booth of the year on September 15th at Rally square. Food booth is a great way for clubs to raise money and it’s also a great way for students to try new foods during lunch.

Food booth expands different cultural foods to more individuals at Arroyo and for students to learn about the foods background. A lot of planning went into this year’s food booth to make it possible. Clubs had to decide on what they wanted to sell. Mr. Dara Sem, Director of Student Affairs, organized the food booth,“It took two months to prepare, we did give the clubs an advance notice,” Sem shared.  Clubs were given a good amount of time to plan and to choose which food they wanted to sell for the food booth. 

With the assistance of Mr. Sem the clubs successfully organized the food booth and had a great turnout some would say. Student Justin Lo, freshman stated, “I got the waffle fries and I have a boba! The boba is from the Class of 2025 and the waffle fries are from the band booth. I haven’t tried the waffle fries, but I would recommend the boba.” Many Knights at Arroyo enjoyed the variety of food options from the clubs.  

Although they considered that additional items should be added to the menu, students appreciated this year’s food options. Senior Ricardo Ramos stated, “I really enjoyed the rootbeer float from Academia’s booth but I wish they had Alberto’s.” 

Overall, this year’s food booth was a huge success, “I saw a huge number of crowds, individuals in lines and the lines were full, the clubs did a great job getting the word out,” stated Mr.Sem. This year’s food booth was a huge hit with the students, and the clubs profited greatly from all sales. 

ASB members Leilani Hernandez, Ophelia Musser, Alexander Valenzuela ASB president Krissa Valle