Knights Banner

The student news site of Arroyo High School

Knights Banner

Knights Banner

Boys varsity tennis team Clifton Nghiem(12), Axcel Garcia(12), Chris Tu(12), Jacky Hu(12), and Nathan Phu(10) playing the hula-hoop game.
Spring Sports Rally
April 10, 2024
Prom Fashion Show
March 20, 2024

Valentine’s Day Hot or Not

It’s Valentine’s Day, Knights! A day dedicated to love; a special day to share with friends, family, and that special someone! 😻❤️ This year, Knights Banner is bringing back Hot or Not! We conducted a poll on our Instagram with six Valentine’s Day-related questions. A little over 80 students responded to our Valentine’s Day Hot or Not poll. After recording student responses, here’s what we got! 

Galentine’s/Manletine’s is just as good as having a date? Hot or Not?

This poll was overtaken as Hot! Galentine’s/Maletine’s is another form of celebration for this love-giving holiday! Except for the fact that you’re celebrating with your best friends rather than a date. There is nothing better than hanging out with friends and solely having a good time! With a date, there comes a lot of nervousness, high expectations, and so much pressure. Therefore, Galentine’s/Malentine’s is Hot!

Chocolate-covered strawberry, Hot or Not?

This was a total Hot! It is right to say that strawberries are a Valentine’s Day must! Not only are they delicious, but they can be such a delightful surprise when decorated with sprinkles, chocolate designs, and more! You can never go wrong with chocolate-covered strawberries making it Hot!

LEGO flowers are better than actual flowers? Hot or Not?

Flowers are popular around this time of year with full-on bouquets with shapes and designs. Now in this day and age, LEGOs are popular once again! The flower bouquet sets are a favorite for this love season! LEGO provides a range of different bouquet sets like roses, wildflower, botanical and more. Building LEGOs can be a fun activity to do this upcoming Valentine’s Day with friends, family, or that special someone! What might regular flowers offer? Not much, making LEGO flowers Hot! 

Handmade gifts, Hot or Not?

Our Knights all agreed that handmade gifts are Hot! A handmade gift is a valuable way to show you care. Handmade gifts are original and thoughtful since it is a craft of our own which takes time and thinking! Truly handmade gifts are special, unique, and they can be cheaper. Handmade gifts are way better than bought ones. Once again, this is a total Hot!

Heart-shaped jewelry, Hot or Not?

Is heart-shaped jewelry overdone for Valentine’s Day? According to our Knights, it’s Hot! Heart-shaped jewelry is a favorite for Valentine’s Day. Hearts symbolize love which would only make sense for this loving-giving season. Not to mention hearts are a classic and perfect piece that you could never go wrong with. Especially as jewelry! Heart-shaped jewelry can never be overrated for Valentine’s Day, it’s Hot!

Is Valentine’s Day Hot or Not?

Valentine’s Day is not just a holiday commemorating romance and couples, it’s a day to celebrate the love people have for one another including ourselves! It’s a great day to remind our loved ones that they are loved and appreciated. With that, our Knights concluded that Valentine’s Day is Hot!