Knights Banner

The student news site of Arroyo High School

Knights Banner

Knights Banner

Acing Towards Victory with Boys Tennis

The court is the canvas for the players, and with every swing, they create a masterpiece. This year Arroyo’s Boys Tennis team worked hard all season long to strive for greatness. They practiced six days a week for two hours. Hard work pays off when you have a goal. 

Coach Anthony Lim was a significant figure in their success this season. He was able to teach and guide the team to success and to various wins. Each player made sure they played at their very best in order for them to have a successful season. 

“We had aspirations of making a deep run into the playoffs this year and we had a lot of returning players from last year’s team,” says Coach Lim. The boy’s tennis team came first in league and recently lost in the quarter

The boy’s tennis team getting ready for their match.

finals of CIF. 

The team was constantly practicing and making a constant effort to practice. “They have worked fairly hard all season long and they did what they had to,” said Coach Lim.

“My favorite thing about tennis was being able to compete this season with my friends,” said Clift Ngheim, a senior. This team had a very strong bond with each other since many players were returning from previous years. 

“People just think it’s hitting a ball, and using a racket but there’s more to that, you need skill and intelligence,” says senior Joshua Juarez. There is a lot of skill that goes along with playing tennis, you need to have hand eye coordination and being able to know where exactly you’re hitting the ball to. 

“I really recommend for more students to join tennis next year because not a lot of students want to join and we might not have a tennis team anymore,” says Juarez. Tennis creates a strong bond between each student and helps people come out of their shell.