Knights Banner

The student news site of Arroyo High School

Knights Banner

Knights Banner

Boys varsity tennis team Clifton Nghiem(12), Axcel Garcia(12), Chris Tu(12), Jacky Hu(12), and Nathan Phu(10) playing the hula-hoop game.
Spring Sports Rally
April 10, 2024
Prom Fashion Show
March 20, 2024

Movie Night With A Holiday Twist

Class of 2025 presents… Don’t Stay Home Alone Movie Night!

To kickoff the Christmas season, the Junior Class of 2025 presented an exciting movie night to start off the festive December month. After plenty of discussion, the junior class decided to show the classic yet unforgettable, Home Alone. 

Movie Night took place on the varsity baseball field where students were encouraged to bring anything that would make them feel comfortable to accommodate the chilly December weather such as pajamas, blankets, and pillows. Class of 2025 personally provided activities such as board games, a bean bag toss, and ornament painting as well as snacks such as a soft serve ice cream truck, popcorn, and sweet treats. 

“The first thing we had to focus on was finding a date for the event to take place. And then just trying to find where we could do it and plug in outlets and all that stuff. And then we just wanted something new, to create something that hasn’t been done. Even though there’s been movie nights, they were in Rally Square so we wanted to switch it up with the baseball field,” Class of 2025 President Eduardo Morales explained when asked what the preparations of Movie Night entailed.

Eduardo also expressed how this night would not have been possible after 2 months of planning without the help of Dr. Ortiz, Mr. Sem, Ms. Hernandez, and the class councils. They all worked together to figure out what to sell, where to hold this event, and many more behind the scenes aspects of what everyone else doesn’t see. 

“I do think it was successful. We exceeded our goal for ticket sales, we made good profit out of it and the students had fun so I think it was successful. My favorite part of Movie Night was when the movie started and everyone was having a fun time painting the ornaments and watching the movie as well, it was all very fun,” Eduardo explained about his overall views and experience that resulted from Movie Night.

Along with the leadership of Eduardo and advisors, the rest of the 2025 class officers as well as other class councils, also put in some time, opinions, and ideas to further create a successful Movie Night.

Class Commissioner, Erik Aguilar contributed to designing and selling the Movie Night tickets during his lunches in Rally Square. Gabriella Castro included her ideas about what games there should be and what food was chosen to sell. The Sophomore Class of 2026 sold hot chocolate to warm up the attendees and the Freshmen Class of 2027 sold popcorn and nachos to fill up the bellies of some hungry students. 

Not only did the event organizers view this Movie Night as successful, but so did the students who were able to attend!

“I really enjoyed Movie Night! It was really fun seeing everybody come together in a Christmassy way. The games and activities Class of 2025 provided for us were so cute and really entertaining. I also thought it was a great way for the Junior Class to fundraise money to put into our senior prom,” Senior Valerie Palacios expressed.

Speaking of Prom 2024, the date was revealed once the movie finished! Class of 2025 strategically used the fact that they were going to reveal the date so that people would be more intrigued on coming and staying for the entire night. Prom 2024 will be taking place on Saturday, April 13th, 2023. The location and theme will be revealed at a later date as Prom grows closer. 

“I loved the movie choice. Home Alone is one of my favorite Christmas movies, it’s really nostalgic for me. My favorite part of the Movie Night was spending time with my friends and painting ornaments together. I really enjoyed the Movie Night and it was for sure one of my favorite school events this year,” Senior Naomi Fraijo explained her overall experience from Movie Night. 

“My favorite part of the night was seeing everyone who went. Some people that I have not seen in a while due to hectic school schedules were so it was good seeing them.” Senior Cierra Schiava stated. 

Class of 2025’s “Don’t Stay Home Alone” Movie Night fundraiser event was one for the books! It was seemingly a great time for most, as well as an amazing opportunity to bring students together in a fun and cozy way. Fun quality time was something that was much needed after a long semester which has now led up to final exams. Lively moments and enjoyable memories were absolutely created by all. 

Now, stay tuned for Prom 2024’s location and theme reveal because it’s going to be an exciting one!