Knight’s Vision

A new way of bringing exciting morning announcements to Arroyo.

Hailey Juarez, Staff Writer

Hoping to provide more in depth announcements, ASB has created a video broadcast called “Knight Vision” that will be published weekly on their YouTube channel.

ASB’s main purpose is to use this as another source of getting the word out. They want to reach out to students and not just by their voices on the announcements. The officers want to let them get familiar with their faces too. Hopefully by seeing their faces and clips of what goes on at Arroyo, students will be more aware.

“Our biggest hope for it is to bring up school moral. Hopefully, if students can see what goes on at school and are aware of updates, they’ll be able to participate more and get involved. We’re hoping this will be another way to boost school spirit and make Arroyo more interesting.

We’re planning to publish on Mondays, at the beginning of every week, but it may depend on how long video editing takes sometimes,” Alyssa Juarez, 12, ASB member, commented.  
They are planning to publish sport updates, upcoming school events, recaps of the previous week, and perhaps a few laughs here and there. ASB wants to treat it like a news report, but also make it interesting and enjoyable to watch. It’ll be their way to advertise and promote spirit weeks and school activities.

There will not be any changes with regular announcements but since it is difficult for some students to hear the announcements, this is another way  to reach out.

“This year, we have been doing more video projects in ASB and since technology is used widely amongst students, what better way to update them than through short videos? It’s something new we want to try. It might start out rough, but we’ll have to play with our options and resources to improve the videos every week. Whether it works or not, we’ll have to find out, but we can only do so by trying. We hope Knights will look forward to seeing weekly updates,” Juarez said.