Once in a life time

Several students from Chamber choir traveled to the Walt Disney Concert Hall to participate in the Los Angeles Master Chorale.

Amanda Medina, Staff Writer

The 28th annual Los Angeles Master Chorale was held at Walt Disney Concert Hall, and Arroyo’s Chamber Choir had the honor to participate with over 29 another high schools from all across Southern California.

The choir festival is when a community of over 1,000 high school students come together as one to sing over 6 selected choral music which is led by Artistic Director Grant Gershon.

The six songs performed at this years Master Chorale concert was Your Voices Tune and Raise Them High by George Frideric Handel, Far and Away by Valerie Showers Crescenz, Érase una niña by  Lanham Deal, Ride the Chariot by André Thomas, The Gift To Be Free by Rollo Dilworth; and lastly Bring Me Little Water, Silvy by Moira Smiley.

Also presented at the concert was the Master Choral Honor Choir where four individuals are picked from each of the 29 schools combined together to perform three songs together. The four choir students who had the honor to sing in this very selective choir was Arlene Peraza, 12, Dimond Garcia, 12,  Alex Nguyen, 11, and Misael Bolanos, 11.

The three songs performed by the Master Choral Honor Choir was Wana Baraka by Shawn Kirchner, Tiptipa Kemmakem by Nilo Alacala, and lastly Where Your Bare Foot Walks by David Childs.  

Arlene Peraza described the experience as “a great honor.”

“We get to perform with Grant Gershon which is the conductor of the Master Chorale, and when will you ever get to perform with a professional like himself,” she said.

The concert was held on Friday April 21th at 1 PM.