Voice of 9,000 students

Julissa Sauceda has been elected as the new voice representing the students in all seven schools in the districts.

Hailey Juarez, Staff Writer

Julissa Sauceda was newly selected to be a student representative on the El Monte Union High School District Board of Trustees for the student advisory in the upcoming school year. She will be representing the seven schools in the district.

For Julissa to become elected, she had to present a speech to the members of the student advisory committee and they found her most fit. Her position benefits the school because she gets to have a students perspective in and help the board members see something they may have not seen or missed.

“This newly appointed position benefits me a great deal by helping me work on my leadership skills,” said Julissa Sauceda, 11.

Julissa will be taking a serious and important job representing all the schools in the El Monte Union High School District.

“It’s a lot of responsibility but I’m excited to know I will be making a difference in all the schools in the district,” proudly stated Sauceda.

By being the student advisory member, she plans to make a difference in the schools and she cares about the students being heard and she will be their voice. Her job is to attend monthly board meetings and give input from the perspective of the students.