Knights Banner

The student news site of Arroyo High School

Knights Banner

Knights Banner

Boys varsity tennis team Clifton Nghiem(12), Axcel Garcia(12), Chris Tu(12), Jacky Hu(12), and Nathan Phu(10) playing the hula-hoop game.
Spring Sports Rally
April 10, 2024
Prom Fashion Show
March 20, 2024

2027 Class Council

Ricky Luo, Sierra Pham, Justin Lo, Delilah Conchas, Bonnie Liu, Emelina Bonilla, Mr. Dara Sem-Carmona

As the school year starts a new group of new faces, the Class of 2027, have walked
through the gates of Arroyo, a new body has stepped up to represent them. Delilah Conchas
elected as president, Bonnie Liu elected as vice president, Emelina Bonilla elected as secretary,
Justin Lo elected as treasurer, Ricky Luo and Sierra Pham as class commissioners, and Dara Sem
as their advisor.
The elections were held online on Google Form. Before the election took place each
participant had to upload a video of themselves explaining why they would be qualified for their
position. During the time when elections were held each participant was reposting their posters
on social media to promote themselves.
As they were all elected into their position, they were ready to do their job and hope to
have their year to be exposed to the Arroyo spirit. “Since I’m president I feel like I can do a lot
of good things with it and I feel like by helping out or just keeping people aware of events and
raising money,” Delilah said. Emelina also mentions “making events more notable to freshmen
especially since we are new. There is a lot of stuff that they don’t know about, so just spread
awareness.”
With the skills of time management, leadership, responsibility, and determination that
they are picking up from student council, they can use it in the future by, “in a workplace, it’s
very important to have these skills if you want to be in a higherup.” Ricky explained. Sierra also
spoke about how “Time management you need it a lot when you have a job and leadership if you
want to be someone with high status and know how to lead”

Being part of the student council isn’t easy, they have to do posters for many hours while
maintaining school grades and extracurricular activities. All officers agree that getting their work
done before the timeline and making time. Bonnie stated that “definitely meeting deadlines and
making sure everyone is organized.” Justin also mentioned that, “the posters are the most time
consuming.”
Also since they are freshman they have a lot to learn. Mr. Sem explained that, “as
freshmen their leadership skills. When the ballots went out there was large groups of students
who wanted to run for the officer, there was like 20 people, which is a great number and shows a
lot of great interest which tells me that this class has a lot of potential and so that I hope with that
excitement they carry around to execute the responsibilities as a council with ease, with vigor,
with commitment and helping them to grow as people in that process .” His goal as their advisor
is to have “A gain of knowledge of helping them grow as a group, constraining fundraising,
organizing, knowing how to motivate, leadership skills building their own personality and
finding themselves in the process.”
A message from the class of 2027 president, Delilah, she wants the freshman’s to “Make
This Year Worth It!”